Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Do I want to be looking at this?

Inquiry investigations... pretty much a research/science project with a fancy name.
What do we need and how should it be graded... here's my take on this.

1. What is the question? What are the scientists measuring or trying to figure out? Is the question clear? Yes or no?

2. Are the independent, dependent and constants are clearly labeled? Yes or no... easy.

3. Background information on the topic. Give us some key concepts and terms. Do the researchers give some information so that regular people will know what is being researched. Yes  or No  credit or no credit

4. Are there some props and data and graphs and some other fun things? Is there effective communication? Make it clear.   Do I want to be looking at this? Yes or No?

It should probably look about this good... this is what I want to be looking at.



5. What are the procedures these people followed? Were you safe? Written out, yes or no?

6. What happened? Was it was you predicted? Interpret the findings, do this and you get credit, or else nothing.

7. Refer to the real scientists, what do they say about this same topic. Do this and you can get a yes : )
8. How can they make their experiment better? Give us a few ideas about how you messed up and you won't next time. Credit/no credit.

Total of 8/8 I am sure is what we will all get, because we've been working hard.



I think I definitely am working hard... As I type up my presentation at the dentist office, juggle a 4 year old, VBS volunteering, homework, swim lessons, daily chores, driving, eating.. you know, life..... Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment