Friday, June 27, 2014

Writing again.

I have kept a written journal beside my bed since I was 11.  I know this for a fact, because I wrote about my 5tn grade teacher in it. I was very disappointed in 5th grade.  My favorite teacher was my 4th grade teacher. He was a scientist, he spent time with us and he's one of the reasons I teach today. What Happened?! Well, I'm here to tell you. He was moved from 4th to 5th grade right along with me, however I was not chosen to be in his class again. It was the disappointment of a lifetime... I really feel bad for my 5th grade teacher, it wasn't her fault she wasn't him, but those were some high expectations to live up to. 
I wonder about Mr. Reiss often, I heard the next year he went to work at a zoo. This seemed appropriate as he liked animals, we had 2 classroom pet snakes and if you were lucky you could go in at lunch sometimes and watch the snakes eat the mice. I hope he likes the Zoo. I sure am glad he was my teacher. 
I hope to be a teacher like him. Not That I am going to buy snakes, we already have a tortious so I'm good, but I want to be caring and considerate to my students and help them feel valued and important. 
So, I've kept a journal for years beside my table. I think I will start journaling here sometimes instead. Not that I think everyone needs to know my feelings and all, but I think this will be fun. We shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment