Thursday, January 3, 2013

Childhood dreams



"Some dreams stay with you forever

Drag you round and bring you back to where you were
Some dreams keep on getting better
Gotta keep believing if you wanna know for sure
....

Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"

--Eli Young Band



Thinking back to my childhood I remember my dreams.

One dream I had was to be discovered by some sort of talent scout. I imagined that I was a wonderful singer and I would be on tour and famous. Once I dreamed I had a twin that I had been separated from at birth and I would someday find her and we would be like the Prince and the Pauper and we could switch places for a bit and I could be a princess.

I also remember day dreaming. I would stare in the mirror and try to imagine what I would look like as an adult. I had never thought very highly of myself, but I imagined that I was going to be beautiful as an adult. I also kept (and still keep) a journal and I imagined that someday people would want to read it and I could publish it! (Ha!)


Dreams can become reality.

Ok, I wasn't discovered by any talent scouts, but I have been discovered in so many other ways. People that love me have discovered that I have good things to offer. God gave me the gift of a child, my daughter Claire and a husband, Chase, and I have discovered that to them I am a famous singer and they will listen to me gladly.
I never met my long lost princess twin, but I have learned to appreciate being one of a kind. I have realized that I am God's princess and I am valuable to Him.

And some days I look in the mirror and I actually do feel beautiful. Most of the time I don't recognize myself, but I am learning to see the good.
I still keep my journal and I feel that by keeping this blog I am, in a way, publishing the memories from my journal.




So, now as an adult I am learning lessons from my childhood dreams, while interpreting my adult dreams and goals.



I dream that Claire will grow up to be a confident, lovely, caring young woman with every opportunity at her fingertip.

I dream that I will continue my college education and learning forever.

I dream of traveling the world.
I dream of helping people with my life and showing them God's love and beauty in the world.

I dream of reading wonderful books and perhaps writing one of my own.

I still dream of being famous, for something wonderful and good.

I dream of running and being a stronger woman through all of my years.




I am going to try to fulfill these dreams, but I am open to the possibility that these dreams will come true in a way that is not what I expect. What does it hurt to dream? I am praying that my dreams come true. Like the Eli Young Band sings, I will keep on dreaming, even if it breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment