Friday, January 11, 2013

My daughter does the sweetest things

So, my daughter Claire does the funniest and sweetest things in the world. Of course I am partial because she is my very own child, however I am thinking if I don't write these memories down once in a while someday I will forget them... So, today I will share a few with the world.. Some of them will be very recent.. some from long ago...

When Claire was about 1.5 she would try to say "I love you" of course those syllables were hard for her to dictate, so instead she would say what sounded more like "apple." I finally figured out that she was saying 'I love you' when I would tell her "I love you" and she would respond with "Apple mommy" or "Apple Daddy" to Chase. So for Father's day Claire and I made Chase these:


Of course we had to give him sunflower seeds and a Monster Energy drink in a World's best dad coffee mug, not just that coupon book! that included amazing coupons (that never expire) for free hugs, homemade dinners, breakfast in bed, options to sleep in and the like. 


Next funny thing Claire has done recently, would have to be last night she sang me a sweet song..Let me preface this with the song CLaire sang at her thanksgiving luncheon for school. It was this
Turkey Turkey
Big and Fat
I'm going to eat you
Just like that!

so naturally she changed the lyrics for her sweet mom:

Mommy Mommy
Big and Fat
I'm going to eat you
Just like that!

I explained that it isn't nice to call people fat... so naturally she sang it again and again.. she is actually singing it now. 


Then there is the point she makes to me many times throughout the week. Let me start by saying we have 3 dogs: Jake (boston terrier), Molly (rat terrier) and Abby (our german shepherd, who recently moved to a bigger house with a giant yard.. much more fun for her!!) So, almost everyday Claire reminds me that our dogs are NOT people because they do not have thumbs and they cannot talk, like maybe I forgot.

She asks me who anyone and everyone are. Random people driving by, people at Target, and people at the dr.'s office to name a few. I typically laugh and say I don't know.. but recently she's been more insistent saying "Yes, but who IS that??!" I explain I don't know that person, and she doesn't take no for an answer. (don't tell, but sometimes I make up names and stories about people just to placate her.)

Finally, Claire's age changes daily, sometimes several times a day. I will tell Claire something such as  "When you are 5 we will go to Disneyland." She will respond very straight forward with "I am 5." When I told her she can have earrings at 10 she looked me in the eyes, with no hesitation, and said "I am 10." 

I need to write more of these things down. They are hard to remember all at once and I am laughing daily, hourly and moment by moment by her funny sayings. I am smiling all day long at her sweet nature and her kind words. I am truly blessed with this little ball of fire, and believe me she is a pistol, and I will have many more stories to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment